PE and Sports Premium Funding for 2017 to 2018
Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1,000 per pupil.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
How to use the PE and Sport Premium Funding
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
PE AND SPORTS PREMIUM FUNDING ACTION PLAN 2017/2018